To introduce a best practice asset management system, overcome the 140 year old “Memory Wall” and reach their full potential - Queensland Rail required a major shift in their thinking. Moving from their present “run to fail” culture to an integrated “whole of life” asset management approach, meant realising the purpose of a safe, customer focused and efficient railway.
- How Queensland Rail started off applying best practices
- How to get your maintenance team on board
- What makes a good planner?
- Managing your work-order backlog
- The network owner and operations partnership
- Managing large corridor closures with over 50 work groups and 125 work activities including 924 tasks
- Evidence of continuous improvement
Key take-away points:
- Get your staff trained in best practice methodology
- Get your communication sorted - be the one to change the attitude with your staff
- Trend your achievements and enjoy and celebrate success